Friday 29 May 2015

I'm a member of a phenomenal organisation for writers in the UK, called '26', whose stated aim is to

 'open hearts and minds to the wonderful diversity of writing, to savour and enjoy words in all their many guises… and to have some fun.'

One of the ways we do this is through teaming up with others on projects. Last year, I took part in the 26 Atlantic Crossings project, which paired up 26 UK writers with 26 visual artists working in Prince Edward County, Ontario in Canada. I worked with a talented ceramic artist called Andrea Pillar, composing a 62 word 'sestude' in response to her piece 'Spring Vessel'. You can see it here.


Now, I've found out I'm going to be taking part in a brand new project with 26. The 26 Children's Winters project is to be a collaboration between members of 26 and the Museum of Childhood in Edinburgh, Scotland. I'm excited about it, and looking forward to finding out which of the museum's artefacts will be selected for me to write about!  

No comments:

Post a Comment